English Core Group
Preparing narratives is a difficult task for children as well as teachers .How can we make them easy?
The following steps will help.
1. Fix the first event
2. Fix the last event
3. Fix the in between events. This is done through whole class discussion.
4. Take the first event and blow up that event into a piece of narrative as a whole class activity.
Blowing up an event.
Think about the following points
1. Who are the persons involved in the event.(Characters)
2. Where are they or where the event is taking place.(Location )
3. What are the characters thinking /doing/saying.(Action)
4. How does the living and noj living objects reflect the charactors’ mood (ambience)
5. Interact with the class keeping in mind the above points. See that simply replying to these questions itself will give a crude form of narrative piece which could be refined.
6. Form groups . One group will get one event to develop into a small narrative.
7. When we assemble the works of every group we will get a full text of it through editing.
8. Please remember that narrative writing is not a simple task and we will have to wait for a while.
Do we need examples?